We get particularly excited when people come to us when they are starting a new business venture.
In our experience, clients are often unaware of the amount of administration involved in setting a business up in the correct way (and correct order) to avoid future problems.
We often help clients:
- Prepare a business plan
- Prepare a financial forecast
- Incorporate the company, not just your standard off the shelf variety, but with due care and attention given to setting up different share classes to incentivise key staff members (as start-ups are often cash poor, it can be useful to offer shares to key staff members so they will share in the success of the company), and also to exit routes
- Open a bank account
- Apply for VAT registration
- Set up a payroll scheme
- Apply for corporation tax registration
- Set up appropriate accounting systems
- Plan their tax for the first few years